I feel so alive


Yesterday, the little things were so stressful that I didn't even worry about the big things.

Last night, I was so tired and sad and worried, and then I spent the night in a beautiful hotel room with my husband in NYC, which was not at all where I was planning to be, but was still very very nice.

And I guess it's all going to just work out one way anyway, but if you focus on what's wrong you miss out on the right moments in between.

Today, I'm sitting in the airport alone, reading a novel. Tired, but happy. And, corny though it is, these lyrics are stuck in my head:

Everyday is a new day
I'm thankful for every breath I take
I won't take it for granted
So I learn from my mistakes
It's beyond my control sometimes it's best to let go,
whatever happens in this lifetime
So I trust in love
You have given me peace of mind

(Alive, P.O.D.)

No comments:

Post a Comment