Shrimp and Feta Pasta

Last night, I made one of my favorite dinner recipes. It's so quick and easy, with such subtle, great flavors. Honestly, boiling the water (on my crappy stove) is the hardest part.


I call it Shrimp and Feta Pasta, and apparently I got the recipe here originally.

Here you go:

1st step=5 minutes
Start pot of water on high heat. Start some olive oil in a skillet onmedium heat. Defrost big frozen shrimp under cold water.

2nd step=3 minutes
Add garlic and shrimp to skillet. Opens cans (regular can of petit diced tomatos, and small can of sliced button mushrooms) and jars (artichoke salad). Drain diced tomatos and mushrooms.


3rd step= 6 minutes
Hopefully, your water is boiling by now and you can add 3 cups or so of dry penne pasta, mine never is. Add tomatoes, artichoke salad, and mushrooms to skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add 1 cup crumbled feta cheese to skillet and cook for 3 minutes.



Last step!
I usually have time to set the table and wash up the dishes in the previous step. Then wait for the pasta to finish (12 minutes total boil time for me and my crappy stove), then drain and add to the shrimp feta mix, and dinner is ready.

This is so good! Simple and subtle and elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment